Nuxeo Core 1.0 released !
I'm proud to let you know that we released Nuxeo Core 1.0 ! This is the first release of the new embeddable document management core that is the foundation of the upcoming Nuxeo 5 ECM platform.
Nuxeo Core is an embeddable document management core, based on Nuxeo Runtime. It provides all necessary low-level services to define, store, manage, audit, request and search content. It is the kernel of Nuxeo 5 and can also be embedded in third-party applications to provide advanced content management features. It can run on any Java platform, can be easily extended using plug-ins (thanks to Nuxeo Runtime) and implements JCA (Java EE Connector Architecture) to be easily plugged into existing applications or information systems.
Nuxeo core key features :
- Model: content management concepts definition
- Storage Manager: low-level content storage and retrieval (JCR-based)
- Schema Manager: XMLSchema based content schema definition and management
- Version Manager: versioning management
- Content Type Manager: content types management (a content type is a set of schemas)
- Query Engine: SQL-like unified query engine
- Security Manager: access rights manager and controller
- Life cycle management: define, deploy and applies life cycle on document types (JCR storage)
- Event Service: abstract event service to broadcast and receive events
- Local (POJO) and Remote (JavaEE) access using dedicated client sessions.
- Set of extension points allowing third party code to extend and customize the Nuxeo Core services
A JBoss binary release is available along with a simple Eclipse RCP demo application that leverages the Nuxeo Core. (The demo application is available for Linux, OSX and Win32). You will find in this document all the needed information related the Eclipse demo application.
Check the project homepage for more information and especially if you want to check the source code.
This is an important step toward the release of Nuxeo 5 planned in the middle of next month. We are all more than happy and proud of this new platform and we hope you'll enjoy it as well !
Stay tuned there is a lot in the pipe ! :)
(Post originally written by Julien Anguenot on the old Nuxeo blogs.)
Category: Product & Development