Archive for the ‘Nuxeo’ tag
Today we have a question from thexman who asks how he can retrieve the list of all possible subject values with content automation. His first thought was to use NXQL, Nuxeo’s query language, which makes perfect sense when you are searching for something. Unfortunately, NXQL is used to search the content of documents, and all the subject values are not stored as documents. The values proposed by Nuxeo when choosing a subject are all stored on what we call a directory. Here’s a definition taken straight from our documentation:
In Nuxeo EP, a directory is a source of (mostly) table-like data that lives outside of the VCS document storage database. A directory is typically a connection to an external data source that is also accessed by processes other than Nuxeo EP itself (therefore allowing shared management and usage).
A vocabulary is a specialized directory with only a few
The March 2013 Bug Day is over. On Bug Day, we set aside a full day where we all work together to clean up and fix as many bugs as possible. We have squashed 54 of them with some help from the community. Again, kudos to Nelson Silva who helped us with some pull requests. Here’s a little chart so you can get an idea of the work done. You can also get the full details on our Jira.
A lot of those bugs have been back-ported to the 5.6 branch so you can expect a very efficient hot fix pretty soon. This will really benefit the upcoming 5.7 release. Here’s the list of corrected bugs. Not bad for a day’s work.
|NXP-11166||Field “Send me a copy” in the invite by mail form is ignored|
|NXP-9945||In the Admin Center, some fields do not|
Our next bug day is coming up next Monday, March 18. If you want to contribute, there are many ways to do so!
For instance, if you have found a bug, and did not find a Jira ticket mentioning it, feel free to open one. The bugs related to Nuxeo Platform are to be filed under NXP, and the bugs related to Nuxeo Studio, NXS. All of the bugs we’ll be working on are tagged with ‘bugday‘.
The tickets that we want to include in the bugday backlog must be:
- Bugs (obviously)
- Quite short to fix (3 hours estimate max)
Now, if you’re a developer and you want to help, this is a nice opportunity to give back to the Nuxeo community. You can take tickets tagged with ‘bugday’ and then submit the fix using GitHub’s pull request. If you’re experiencing difficulties while fixing …
Today I’ll write a post a little differently than usual. I won’t write about code per say but about my experience with IntelliJ IDEA. Some of you might be aware that one of our developers has developed an IDEA plugin for Nuxeo, so I decided to give it a try.
First thing I did was import Nuxeo Platform source code using maven. All I had to do was tell IDEA where the root pom and the addon parent pom were. As you know we have many modules so I was expecting this step to take forever. I’m happy to say I was wrong. It went really fast. And I didn’t have to specify my maven repo as an environment variable. What surprised me though is that there is no default JDK, hence there are errors everywher — something fixed quickly using the contextual help. Anyway, it feels great just to …
The Nuxeo Platform hotfix 5.6.0-HF10 is out and available for Nuxeo Connect clients from the Admin Center or Nuxeo Marketplace. It’s also available in the maintenance branch of the source code tree.
- [NXP-10801] – </HTML> tag added systematically on a rendition generated using freemarker engine
- [NXP-10873] – Dynamically generate graph container id from the widget id
- [NXP-10877] – Text download (green arrow) on Note documents truncates content with accentuated chars
- [NXP-10889] – Tomcat AJP Connector configuration omits emptySessionPath attribute
- [NXP-10892] – Duplicated javassist lib in test classpath
- [NXP-10929] – Remove permission should allow to put a document to the trash
- [NXP-10933] – Password are not hidden in summary installation parameters
- [NXP-10842] – inconsistent date formats in advanced search
- [NXP-10841] – wrong date value used when querying for documents
Today I’m particularly happy to announce that an open source add-on from our partner Astone Solutions is available on the Nuxeo Marketplace. It’s an Outlook plugin that lets you save email from your inbox to any folder in Nuxeo. The source code is on GitHub.
It comes in two parts: server and client. The server part can be installed as usual through the Marketplace. The client comes as an executable with an MSI file. Simply launch the executable to install, but make sure it’s in the same folder as the MSI.
Configuration is a simple panel where you give the URL of your Nuxeo server, the login and the password of the user. And that’s all you have to do. Now if you right click on any email, you’ll see a “Send to Nuxeo” menu item. Click on it and you’ll see your server document tree. Select a …
Today we’re going to play with the templating module. It lets you render a document using a template. You can easily install it through our Marketplace. It comes with a bunch of examples to give you an idea of what’s doable. You will also find information in our user guide.
If you want to try it now it’s available in the nuxeo-template-rendering-deckjs bundle. Just copy the jar in the plugins folder and the template and its example should be automatically loaded. Be aware that the pdf conversion will only work if you have PhantomJS (version >= 1.8) installed on your server.
Here’s a very practical question from blaszta:
How can I set an email notification about the impending expiration of a document (let’s say a 3 year contract leased document), 1 month before it expires?
Let’s break this in two parts. First, get the contract that expires in 1 month. Then send the email.
Query the contracts
If you’re looking for specific document like a contract, there’s a good chance you have an easy way to identify one using its type or some metadata. Let’s say all contract documents are of type Contract. If I want all of them I can do the following query:
This gets me all the contract documents, even the deleted ones or different versions of the same document. To avoid this we can add the following parameters:
Now you want to add something that gets you only Contracts that expire in 30 days, no more, …
- Support of IN operator for Integer type.
- Ability to add custom sub tabs to existing tabs using the “tab” feature, thanks to a new “category” attribute when editing the tab. You can add new tab categories using the action categories registry editor like in the screenshot below:
Don’t forget that if you find …
Nuxeo Platform 5.6.0-HF08 is out and available for Nuxeo Connect clients from the Admin Center or Nuxeo Marketplace. It’s also available in the maintenance branch of the source code tree. You can find the complete release note as usual on Jira.
And now for the main corrections coming with this release:
– Fix relation author when a user creates a relation
– Fix Delete action available for documents from sections
– Fix saving an NXQL query with quotes in the Quick Search gadget
– Fix tasks from previous route instance not to display in the Past tasks view
– Fix lifecycle state when editing an approved document
– Fix DocumentRouteInstancesRoot failure when first document found at the root is not a Domain
– Fix error after a user approves a document which he usually can’t access
– Fix Social workspace login validation URL that redirects to an error …