To support this industry effort, Nuxeo has helped define the CMIS 1.0 standard and continues to contribute to the Apache Chemistry OpenCMIS library.
The Nuxeo Platform CMIS connector is a built-in CMIS compliant interface of the Nuxeo Platform repository. This lets your content based applications (including Digital Asset Management, Document Management, and Case Management) create and access content in a standard / vendor-independent manner.
It also makes your Nuxeo Platform repository compliant with third party software vendors (such as digitization tools, ERPs and CMS) that support the CMIS protocol for accessing a content repository.
Benefits of the Nuxeo Platform CMIS
- Out of the box support of the CMIS Standard
- High performance, HA Compatible architecture
- Easy deployment - run on Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server or even NoSQL backends such as MongoDB
- Cloud support - native binary store for Amazon S3 (and other cloud storage solutions) support for Amazon RDS
- Configurable via Nuxeo Studio - easy to manage Content Model, Metadata, Security, Structure, and Business rules
- Ready-to-use and highly configurable content authoring / content management console
- Advanced repository:
- Configurable traceability and security - including military-grade security easy to manage ACLs
- Content processing scheduler with a fully-featured content automation framework
- Embedded Workflow Engine for long term content management rules
- Content Encryption
- Easy to integrate in a continuous integration chain - Nuxeo provides all the necessary tooling
Developers can use OpenCMIS with the Nuxeo Platform CMIS repository to:
- Connect their content-centric applications to the Nuxeo Platform
- Migrate content from legacy CMIS-compliant repository to their new Nuxeo Platform setup
- Expose other third party repository content inside their Nuxeo Platform user interface