Enhanced Customization for Nuxeo Case Management Framework with Nuxeo Studio
Define and Structure Your Case Management Solution
Since Nuxeo CMF is built with the Nuxeo EP technology, all of the customization features available in Studio, such as application branding, custom search form design, content view configuration, etc., are also available for Nuxeo CMF. In addition, new features have been added that are specific to a case-based solution.
- Create a case. Using the file cabinet paradigm, a case is the folder that holds all of the documents and content relevant to the case. Nuxeo Studio enables the definition of one or multiple types of cases, each with a specific lifecycle and metadata to help with search and classification.
- Define a case item. Documents or other elements found in the file folder are called case items. A generic case item, with its own metadata, can be defined and associated with a case.
- Define operations. With Nuxeo Studio, you can define a chain of operations that triggers automatically from a given action. For example, you may want to start a pre-defined workflow when a new case item is entered. Distribution and route management operations are available to help define and automate case management processes.
- Lifecycles. A default lifecycle can be used as an example, to facilitate the creation of custom lifecycles, or it can be used as is. The graphical lifecycle definition tool makes this custom setting easy to learn.
Nuxeo Studio is delivered in a hosted environment, eliminating the pain of installation, upgrade and maintenance. Even better, an automatic connection between Studio and CMF enables one-click customization project installations, with hot reload. For anyone who has gone through cycles of developing, installing, and testing, this time-saving trick is going to rock your world!
Cool beans. How do I get started?
Installing Nuxeo CMF and starting your first customization project with Nuxeo Studio will probably take all of about 10 minutes -- a prototyper’s dream! Here’s are some helpful links:
- Download Nuxeo CMF. The installation wizard will offer a free 30-day trial of Nuxeo Studio.
- Nuxeo CMF documentation
- Nuxeo Studio documentation
- Release Notes for Nuxeo Studio
- Release Notes for Nuxeo CMF
Spend a few minutes on the test drive, then send us your feedback. We love to know what our users think - it keeps us on our toes.
Category: Product & Development