Nuxeo Core 1.0 released !
I'm proud to let you know that we released Nuxeo Core 1.0
! This is the first release of the new embeddable document
management core that is the foundation of the upcoming Nuxeo 5 ECM platform.
Nuxeo Core is an embeddable document management core, based on Nuxeo
Runtime. It provides all necessary low-level services to define, store,
manage, audit, request and search content. It is the kernel of Nuxeo 5 and can also be
embedded in third-party applications to provide advanced content management
features. It can run on any Java platform, can be easily extended using
plug-ins (thanks to Nuxeo Runtime)
and implements JCA (Java EE Connector Architecture) to be easily plugged
into existing applications or information systems.
Nuxeo core key features :
- Model: content management concepts definition
- Storage Manager: low-level content storage and retrieval
- Schema Manager: XMLSchema based content schema definition and
- Version Manager: versioning management
- Content Type Manager: content types management (a content type is a set
- Query Engine: SQL-like unified query engine
- Security Manager: access rights manager and controller
- Life cycle management: define, deploy and applies life cycle on
document types (JCR storage)
- Event Service: abstract event service to broadcast and receive
- Local (POJO) and Remote (JavaEE) access using dedicated client
- Set of extension points allowing third party code to extend and
customize the Nuxeo Core services
You will find detailed information
here. This is a detailed technical overview of Nuxeo Core 1.0.
A JBoss binary release
is available along with a simple Eclipse RCP demo application that
leverages the Nuxeo Core. (The demo application is available for Linux, OSX
and Win32). You will find in
this document all the needed information related the Eclipse demo
Check the project
homepage for more information and especially if you want to check the
This is an important step toward the release of Nuxeo 5 planned in the middle
of next month. We are all more than happy and proud of this new platform and
we hope you'll enjoy it as well !
Stay tuned there is a lot in the pipe ! :)
(Post originally written by Julien Anguenot on the old Nuxeo blogs.)
Category: Product & Development