It’s been a great year for Nuxeo, and for the content management industry in general.
2013 saw some major changes in the way organizations view content management. It’s not about about managing vast amounts of documents anymore. Content now comes in many different shapes and sizes - all of which need to be managed and then made available in a manner that is consumable by people who need it.
The key to content management has become ensuring it’s available to the right people at the right time and in the right context.
This is what the Nuxeo Platform does - help you build content-centric applications that manage business information making it available in the context of specific business processes.
We thought we’d take a minute to highlight some of the things that happened with Nuxeo in the last year, including:
- A new release process in 2013, introducing a series of Fast Track releases in addition to the Long Term Support Release (read more about our new release process).
- The latest Long Term Support version - 5.8 - was released in November. Nuxeo Platform 5.8 introduced a new set of REST APIs, Nuxeo Drive, Nuxeo Mobile, enhanced workflow and more.
- Several Fast Track versions have been released since 5.8 (see the most recent - FT 5.9.2 here).
Financially, things were strong as well:
- Global subscription revenue growth was up 40% in 2013 compared to 2012, building on the momentum from last year.
- Subscription sales in the US increased 77%, confirming the market demand for a platform-based solution for building content-centric applications.
- The annual renewal rate in 2013 was 101%, a key indicator of customer satisfaction.
We also hired a number of new employees and held a successful customer/partner conference. It’s easy to wrap it up and say, it’s been a great year!
Our customers spread across a wide range of industries and verticals. The top 3 customer segments in 2013 were Financial Services (17%), Higher Education (13%), Media and Entertainment (10%).
While 2013 was strong, we are seeing a number of big content management trends taking center stage this year. First we see the integration of Big Data into content platforms, so you can leverage all the data to create content and workflow that people can understand. We also see the need for content services directly within business applications and are already working with many organizations to do just that. And, there’s a high demand for tools in the Cloud, for easy access and provisioning.
We are very excited about our innovative roadmap for 2014. You’ll see an increased focus on cloud-services, new features and functions in the Nuxeo Platform, as well for supporting tools like Nuxeo Studio, Nuxeo Drive, Nuxeo Mobile and the IDE.
We look forward to working with you to develop and implement content-centric business applications using the Nuxeo Platform. We won’t be shy in saying we think it’s the best solution for your content management needs today.