Glassfish TV tomorrow!
I'll be playing Ed McMahon to Stefan Fermigier's Johnny Carson tomorrow on Sun's Glassfish TV. Well, perhaps one could apologize to Paul Simon and say "you can call me Al" ... of "Stefane Fermigier et al."
We will discussing a number of key areas of interest that are of
interest to Nuxeo users/developers, Glassfish
users/developers/crustaceans, and general Web ne'er-do-wells:
- Our analysis of the (approximately) two dozen Java web technologies
and how they perform under the strain of a transport
- Our efforts to reduce the locking costs -and thus increase the
number concurrent users served - of our large (>200,000 lines) JSF
application, after we have had a few bottles of Beaujolais
Nouveau at lunch.
- Maximizing the heat dissapation of a large number of JVM in a small
machine room : Reblochon
is the answer.
- Our proposal for a new JVM bytecode op that could dramatically
increase bandwidth utilization in applications that have complex content
negotiation needs: MILD_INTRANSIGENCE_AT_THE_UN.
- Finally, we will give an overview our use of Glassfish and OSGi in
the 5.2 RC
Release of Nuxeo («une nouvelle de dernière minute») as well
as various and sundry ideas that we have that are Java-, Glassfish-, or
paté-related for the future of Nuxeo 6, Nuxeo 7, or the heat
death of the universe.