It's been a while since we have written about Nuxeo Studio, so here's a summary of the work we've done for versions 2.12 and 2.13.
Digital Asset Management
Major improvements have been made on our digital asset management module in the Nuxeo Platform 5.7.x versions. And many of these improvements were geared towards Studio:
- DAM-related document types are now available in Studio, so it is easier to inherit or use them in customizations with Studio. The newly available document types are: Video, Picture, PictureBook and Sound.
- DAM facets and schemas are now available: Picture, Video, Audio (https://jira.nuxeo.com/browse/NXS-1215).
- It is now possible to choose if a document should or not be available in DAM through a specific facet "Asset" (available when the DAM package is selected in Project Settings, starting with Nuxeo Platform 5.7.1) (https://jira.nuxeo.com/browse/NXS-1629).
- New DAM search filters can be created by simply selecting the DAM flag on a content view. (starting with Nuxeo Platform 5.7.1)
- New DAM-specific action categories are available to make it easier to add user actions (buttons) to the DAM interface. (starting with Nuxeo Platform 5.7.1)(https://jira.nuxeo.com/browse/NXS-1456)
- DAM-specific tabs can be filtered from Studio, e.g. the metadata tab in Pictures. (https://jira.nuxeo.com/browse/NXS-1457)
- And of course the Nuxeo DAM default Application template has been updated to reflect the changes made in 5.7.2.
Nuxeo Platform 5.7.2 comes with many workflow improvements, which are reflected in Nuxeo Studio 2.13:
- New option to make exclusive nodes in a workflow. When a node is set as "exclusive", its outgoing transitions can be ordered and only the first true condition will be followed. This prevents parallel execution in a workflow even with complex transition conditions. (starting with Nuxeo Platform 5.7.2)
- New sub-workflow node. It is now possible to embed a workflow into another one and pass it specific inputs from the parent workflow. This makes it possible to reuse generic sub-workflows into bigger ones. (starting with Nuxeo Platform 5.7.2) (https://jira.nuxeo.com/browse/NXS-1614)
- New workflow escalation rules enable an operation chain to run at regular intervals based on certain conditions. The default interval is 5 minutes. For instance, you can send an email if a task is overdue. Of course, an escalation rule can also be set to run only once. (starting with Nuxeo Platform 5.7.2) (https://jira.nuxeo.com/browse/NXS-1619)
- New workflow operations are available, making it easier to use workflows in operation chains. Examples: Start a workflow, Cancel a workflow, Get open workflow tasks. (starting with Nuxeo Platform 5.7.2) (https://jira.nuxeo.com/browse/NXS-1615)
- Operation chains can now have inputs other than Documents, making it easier to create advanced business logic with Studio. (https://jira.nuxeo.com/browse/NXS-931)
- It now possible to configure which refresh and reset events are used by the content view, for more control over the reaction to changes.(https://jira.nuxeo.com/browse/NXS-1659)
- Content view filters can now be unfolded by default. (starting with Nuxeo Platform 5.7.2) (https://jira.nuxeo.com/browse/NXS-1663)
- Several improvements to content view configuration. (https://jira.nuxeo.com/browse/NXS-1480)
If you're using Nuxeo Studio, it means you're also a Nuxeo Online Services user. So you might have noticed some changes. The main new feature is a new dashboard (written with AngularJS and Content Automation) available for Beta testing. This should let us add new features for Connect users more easily. Let us know what you think — there is a new contact form for this. So don't hesitate to use it and send us your feedback :)