Poll Results - Drivers for Open Source ECM and DAM
Last month we ran a series of webinars and asked the participants to share their thoughts on two topics related to open source DAM as well as overall ECM challenges. The results were interesting on both fronts.
- Meets my company's commitment to open source
- The community has a voice in the product roadmap
- Low up-front costs
- Ability to customize and tailor the platform to your needs
- Get a project started more quickly.
The surprising result? "All of the above". With only 1 vote separating the 5 choices, no one dominant benefit was driving our online participants. What does this mean? To Nuxeo, it validates our belief that companies choose open source content management applications for a variety of reasons - sometimes cost driven, but more often than not it is the desire and need to enjoy the flexibility of customizing the systems for their own business needs, being able to contribute to its evolution, and not have to sit around and wait for their vendor to cough up evaluation license keys.
- Inability to address specific business use cases
- Building a business case or determining ROI
- First generation ECM software not meeting today's plans
- Managing digital content
The clear winner here with almost 30% of the vote? "Inability to address specific business use cases". Now this is interesting.
Category: Industry Insight