What you will do
Nuxeo is looking for an IT professional to join its technical cloud operations team. The primary job responsibility of the Operations team is to maintain the Nuxeo Cloud and Online Services applications. This Role will be an DevOps engineer with expertise in AWS Cloud Services supporting our Nuxeo Cloud SaaS application. You will be focused on the design, implementation and support of infrastructure services. You will work with management to understand and prioritize requirements/needs. Help solve complex technical problems. Develops standards, policies and procedures for the structure and attributes of tools/systems.
- Contributes to the design for the Nuxeo Cloud systems and services.
- Part of 7/24 operations team for all production environments. Continually monitor, track and report on all systems.
- Create deployment templates for the Nuxeo Cloud application stack.
- Help design administration processes for Nuxeo Cloud & Online Services
- Design update and maintenance templates for system environments helping define Nuxeo processes.
- Maintain and improve system monitoring and failure procedures.
- Proactively identifying issues and improvement opportunities.
- Growth planning and performance analysis of production systems.
- Work with Product, engineering and QA teams to improve the process in support of Nuxeo Cloud.
- Works to establish performance baselines; Define monitor systems performance and tuning for peak performance for data traffic and security within all aspects of the extended and external cloud resources where possible.
- Directing resources to diagnose and resolve complex system, application software, security and related problems that impact system and availability.
- Support global organization as a compute and cloud SME
- Become competent on the Nuxeo Application(s)
What we are looking for
A bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in computer science; minimum of five years’ experience with analysis, scripting and deployments; experience working in applications, systems, or IT operations; in-depth knowledge of a broad range of hardware and software products.
- Experienced with AWS with at least 2 years of AWS hands-on experience and 5 years of IT operational experience in a global enterprise environment. Areas of responsibility include virtual networks, image creation and maintenance, subscription management, storage management, Backup/DR, Network Security Groups, Role Based Access Controls, IAM Policies, Automation, Monitoring, and Logging.
- Direct skills should include Bash, Ansible, CloudFormation and Terraform templates
- Experience with Scripting/Automation/IaaS/PaaS
- Develops necessary documentation for any modified or develop components, software and processes/procedures.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently and to formulate and implement standards, procedures and best practices.
- Ability to train and develop other technical Associates
- Ability to learn and adapt to overlapping technologies
- Facilitate collaboration across the organization to direct and better utilize infrastructure tools.
- Plan, develop and manage the infrastructure to enable strategic and effective use of tools.
- Contract type: Full-Time
- Location: United States or London, UK
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience Level: 5–7 years
- Possible Remote Work