What you will do
Do you like to recommend new ideas, approaches and procedures to enhance the efficiency and value of HR? Are you ready for a challenge, willing to be hands-on and having a positive can-do attitude?
Then come and join our Nuxeo HR Team as an Employee Success Officer! This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-growing company that is at the technological forefront of its industry. In this role you’ll work directly with the HR Manager, also called Chief Happiness Officer, and with the technical managers to advance the valuable HR initiatives we want to tackle.
As a member of the HR Team, you will be enthusiastic and committed to provide full cycle Human Resources support to Nuxeo employees, ensuring smooth communications and prompt resolution of all queries. You will support our daily HR activities and assist in coordinating HR policies, processes and producing relevant documents.
Employees success and happiness is our #1 priority and as an Employee Success Officer you’ll be on on the frontline, helping us achieve that goal.
You’ll handle a variety of personnel related administrative duties:
- Assisting with day to day operations of the HR department
- Maintaining up to date and secure employee records
- Processing documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (recruitment, onboarding, training, grievances, performance evaluations, etc.)
- Dealing with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules and processes
- Maintaining compliance with state and local employment laws and regulations, and applying them to in-house systems
- Coordinating HR projects with the HR Manager
- Providing coaching and counseling to help build high performance teams and enhance employee skills
- Assisting in the development and execution of the talent management processes, including career development initiatives and performance management
- Assisting in the development and implementation of human resources policies
- Managing offboarding processes and providing regular insights back to the business to aid in retention and employee satisfaction
- Handling all pre-employment and new hire paperwork and documentation including verifying I-9 documentation and inputting new hire’s information into the required HRIS and Payroll systems.
- Coordinating with IT, Supervisors and Accounting to ensure new hires have the necessary IT equipment and Welcome Book
- Tracking Notice Periods, including sending reminders to managers
- Leverage New Hire’s feedback to improve the Onboarding program in close partnership and collaboration with the HR Manager and the Director of Talent Acquisition
- Performing Benefit administration to include enrollments, terminations, claims’ resolution, change reporting, reviewing invoices for accuracy and communicating benefit information to employees
- Assisting in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonuses, leaves, etc)
- Being the point of contact for daily, routine benefit questions from employees.
Working at Nuxeo is an interesting and challenging opportunity that will allow you to meet new people and perform new tasks all the time. So, you will be expected to be an advocate and a peer, not just spout rules and regulations. You might also need to perform ad hoc duties as required and have the initiative to work independently. But trust us, it is great fun!
What we are looking for
- 3+ years HR experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required
- Demonstrated expertise in Human Resources, particularly in Employee Relations
- Knowledge of principles and practices of HR administration
- Exceptional customer service skills and proven ability to act in a fast paced environment
- Proven skills in project management, to be able to effectively organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Ability to work independently, a self-starter and solutions oriented person
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player
- Proficiency in using a variety of computer software applications, specifically MS Office.
- Familiarity with technology/engineering industry is a bonus
- Versatility is more than welcomed for this role, as you should be able to work on your own initiative and assist in complex HR duties
- Organizational skills are a plus as you should be able to ensure our People’s department is organized and operates smoothly to attract, hire and maintain our employees
- Energetic and open-minded attitude is essential, as we are a culturally diverse organisation with offices around the world.
- Contract type: Full-Time
- Location: Brooklyn, NY, United States (11211)
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience Level: 3–4 years