What you will do
Nuxeo provides an elegant platform for rich content management. We communicate towards architects and developers, who quickly understand the value of the Nuxeo Platform for building rich content business applications. To support our current double-digit growth, we are opening a position in the Marketing team based in NYC, reporting to the Director of Digital Ops & Events, and focused on event management.
As an Event Manager, you will be responsible for the production of events from conception through to completion. You will be in charge of ensuring the smooth and efficient running of events.
- Find new events & appropriate conferences & meetups
- Create a yearly budget with scheduled conference and sponsorships and present ROI on selected events
- Find thought-leadership events with speaking opportunities for the Nuxeo developers team
- Be in charge of the communication around events (extended activities around sponsorships like online banners, printed advertising, swag, slide decks & videos)
- Organize logistics (planning, preparation booth, travel for collaborators) & take care of it before and on-site
- Create relationship with event organizers
- Organize potential internal events
- Identifying and securing speakers or special guests
- Liaising with marketing to promote the event
What we are looking for
We're looking for someone with 2-3 years experience, and ideally with experience in IT world. Our events can be very technical and we need someone to understand our value proposition and who's aware of our prospects needs.
As an Event Manager, you must be able to complete a broad range of activities requiring:
- Degree in related field preferred
- Clear communication
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Time-management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Project management experience with multi-task capabilities
- Problem-solving skills and diplomacy
- Strong communication, teamwork and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage budgets
- Excellent relationship-building skills including a team-oriented, positive approach
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Contract type: Full-Time
- Location: Brooklyn, NY, United States (11211)
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience Level: 2 - 3 years