What you will do
We are looking for an engineer / system administrator to help us streamline the management of the infrastructure used to host the different services used by internal and external people.
The challenge is to provide a secured and sustainable environment mixing Open and closed source applications, with a highly demanding and skilled target audience.
The target infrastructure services that you will be in charge of defining and deploying include :
- local office network facilities (wifi but also WAN/VPN)
- network security
- backup management
- credential management
- inventory of resources
You will not start from a blank page since we already have a lot of this in place, but the company is growing and our requirements are growing too.
This means you will be responsible for :
- confirming or challenging the choices that have been made
- packaging the services
- standardizing, normalizing; setting up rules and recommendations
- providing a global visibility on the infrastructure (infrastructure inventory)
- 99% of servers under Linux (Debian, Ubuntu)
- 49% Linux Ubuntu, 49% Max OS, 2% Windows for the desktops
- AWS Ec2, VirtualBox, Docker (Swarm, Rancher …)
- mixed hosting infrastructure (internal / OVH / AWS)
- good culture of automation (Jenkins, Ansible)
- expect interaction and challenges coming from the developers and QA team
- most of the end users are developers with advanced skills and needs
What we are looking for
The role requires talented people with the following qualifications:
- Proven working experience on similar challenges
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Experience with VMs and Containers
- Solid scripting skills (Shell, Python)
- Confirmed level in English, both written and spoken.
- Geek Culture may help integrate with the rest of the team
- You are knowledgeable about security of computer systems
- Being familiar with Java may be helpful since this is the main technology used in the company
- Being a psychopath of traceability and clean up would be interesting
- Contract type: Full-Time
- Location: The ideal location is Paris, France, but Brooklyn, NY, USA or Lisbon, Portugal can also be options. Partial tele-commuting is possible, but you will need to be at the office at least during a part of the week.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Experience Level: 2 - 3 years