We are looking for an experienced Python developer to join our team of the Nuxeo Drive client.
Nuxeo team can currently count on several developers with a mixed Java/Python profile, but we believe that the Nuxeo Drive project has now reached a new stage where it would make sense to have an experienced python developer taking the lead and be dedicated to design and achieve the numerous evolutions we plan on Nuxeo Drive.
You will be part of the Nuxeo development team and will share the same organization (Scrum ...) and tool (Jira, GitHub ...) . You will be integrated in a small agile team with people handling the server side part of Nuxeo Drive.
You will be part of the Nuxeo development team and will share the same organization (Scrum ...) and tool (Jira, GitHub ...). You will be integrated in a small agile team with people handling the server side part of Nuxeo Drive.
The technical environment includes:
- AngularJS, Polymer, Freemarker
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Git, Jenkins, WebDriver
- Docker, Rancher, AWS
About Nuxeo Drive
Nuxeo Drive is an opensource synchronization client that allows to manage offline access and in-place editing of content stored on a Nuxeo Server. In a sense, Nuxeo Drive is like a DropBox client for Nuxeo, but with much more extensibility.
Nuxeo Drive is multi-platform (MS Windows, MacOS, Linux) and is based on :
- Python 2.7
- PyQT for the small native UI & the threads management
- WebKit for more complex UI (Html/JS)
What we are looking for
We are looking for a developer who loves coding and building software.
The role requires talented people with the following qualifications:
- 3+ years experience in python development
- be used to work with Git & Continuous Integration
- critical attention to tests and the QA process
Nuxeo developers are expected to be able to work with minimal supervision: you are responsible for elaborating the technical solutions for the challenges you face.
Of course, the rest of the Nuxeo team will be there to assist you and guide you as needed, but as a developer you are not a simple executor: you have to be able to make your own decisions, explain them and raise issues as needed.
Your application gets bonus points when:
- You know everything about MS Windows File System events system
- You already experienced the MacOS Finder and MS Explorer "extensibility API"
- After python, Java is your second natural language
- Jenkins is a friend of yours
- You are experienced in multi-platform functional testing
- Contract type: Full-Time
- Location: Paris, France (75018)
- Experience Level: 3 - 4 years