Effective Date: May 25, 2018
Nuxeo’s core product and services help our customers build powerful applications to manage their digital content using our Nuxeo Platform, our Nuxeo Studio configuration tool, and our Nuxeo cloud and hosting services. As part of our Services, our customers and end users may provide us with personal information so we can validate and provision their use of our services.
Acceptance of Terms
1. How We Collect Information
To provide and improve our Services, we collect information about visitors to our sites, users of our Services, the devices they use, and sometimes their locations. We may also collect some Navigation Information, in accordance with our Cookies Policy below.
We collect certain information directly from you, such as when you fill out forms (for example completing forms on our sites requesting quotes or online applications for free trials of our Services) with a name or email address. Such information typically includes your first name, last name, personal and/or professional contact details, credit card or payment card information, address, your Nuxeo browsing history, information about your preferences using our Services, as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide for us to undertake the Services.
We collect other information, usually about devices, browsers, or locations, automatically (you would not be typing this information into a form). We may also collect information about you from other sources, such as if we purchase a list of contact information of people who may be interested in our Services.
2. What Information We Collect And How We Use it
“Personal Information” refers to any information that you choose to submit to us that identifies you personally. This includes, for example, your name, email address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about you and/or your business. This can also include information about you that is publicly available, information that is available about you online via sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Website;
- Process and complete transactions, and send related information, including transaction confirmations and invoices;
- Manage your use of sites and/or services, respond to inquiries and comments and provide customer service and support;
- Analyze your use of our Services and Website for trend monitoring, marketing and advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorized access to the services, and other illegal activities;
- Send you information we think may be of interest to you by email or other means;
- Link the analytics information we store to Personal Information you submit to us; and
Contact you for marketing purposes related to our business, which we think may be of interest to you.
“Navigation Information” refers to information about your computer, device, visits to the Website, and logins to the Services, including your IP address, geographic location, browser type, product version, referral source, length of visits, pages viewed, and heatmapping. We use Navigational Information to operate and improve the Website and Services, and may also use it to provide you with personalized information about Nuxeo. Due to the nature of what is being collected, it is possible that Navigational Information may include Personal Information.
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Information.
We normally collect or use information from you or others only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect or retain personal information or may need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. For example, when we:
- Use information to create and manage an account, we need it in order to provide relevant services.
- Use names and email addresses for email marketing purposes, we do so with your consent (which you can revoke at any time).
- Gather usage data and analyze it to improve our Services, we do so based on our legitimate interest in safeguarding and improving our Services.
3. Sharing Information
- To Service Providers. The Website and Services integrate some services provided by third parties. We may share some of your information with these service providers in order for them to provide their services, including removing repetitive information from prospect lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, conducting customer and/or user profiling, and providing customer service. As such, the terms and privacy policies of these service providers may apply to you as well. Acceptance of these service provider terms is required to access the Website and Services. Further information is set out below in our Cookies Policy.
- To Affiliates. We may share your information with other companies under common
ownership or control with Nuxeo. These companies use your information as described
- For Safety, Security, and Compliance with Law. We may share your information to follow applicable law, or to respond to legal process (such as responding to a valid subpoena, warrant, audit, or agency, law enforcement, or national security action, or to prevent fraud) where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- For Business Transactions. We may share your information during a corporate transaction like a merger, or sale of our assets. If a corporate transaction occurs, we will provide notification of any changes to control of your information, as well as choices you may have.
- For Consent. We may share your information in other ways if you have asked us to do so or have given consent.
- Your information may also be shared With Your Employer or Organization. When you create an account or user role with an email address assigned to you as an employee, contractor or member of an organization, such as [email protected] or [email protected], that organization (if it is a Nuxeo customer with certain features) can find your account and take certain actions that may affect your account.
4. Retention of Personal Information
We keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws. Where there are technical limitations that prevent deletion or anonymization, we safeguard personal data and limit active use of it. We will also delete any of your Personal Information from our servers upon your request, as detailed in Nuxeo’s Opt-Out & Anti-Spam Policy below.
See Section 5 for choices about storage of your information.
5. Your Choices
This section describes many of the actions you can take to change or limit the collection or use of your information.
6. Users From Outside The United States
By using our Services, you:
If you are in Switzerland or the European Economic Area (EEA), you may have additional rights under data protection law.
Transfers of Personal Information
- Other Rights
- You can access and review information associated with your account at any time. You also can request the following information:
- How we collect and use your information and why;
- The categories of recipients of your personal data;
- How we received your data; and
- How long we use or store your personal data or the manner in which we determine relevant retention periods.
- You also have a right to correct your personal data. In certain situations, you can ask that we erase or stop using your information (and object to use of your persona data) or export your data.
- You have a right to provide us with guidance on the use, storage, and deletion of your personal data after your death.
- You have a right to raise questions or complaints with your local data protection authority at any time.
- If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us at [email protected].
7. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not designed for and are not marketed to people under the age of 18 (“minors”). We do not knowingly collect or ask for information from minors. We do not knowingly allow minors to use our Services. If you are a minor, please do not use our Services or send us your information. We delete information that we learn is collected from a minor without verified parental consent.
8. California Resident’s Privacy
If you are a California resident, you may ask for a list of third parties that have received your information for direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year. This list also contains the types of information shared. We provide this list at no cost. We do not share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
9. How We Protect Your Information
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. In addition, we enter into confidentiality agreements which require that care and precaution be taken to prevent loss, misuse, or disclosure of your Personal Information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use robust procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
10. Changes to this Policy