Boston, Paris – June 16, 2011 – Nuxeo, the provider of a content management platform for business applications, today announced the availability of a new version of its Case Management Framework. Nuxeo CMF is an enhanced distribution of Nuxeo Enterprise Platform (EP), adding functionality to support the flow and use of diverse but related content that needs to be handled and managed in a case or container metaphor.
The new version offers key enhancements to the content routing feature, UI and usability improvements, more distribution and email capture possibilities, as well as new features from the underlying ECM platform, Nuxeo EP.
For system integrators and content application architects who build tailored case management solutions, this new version offers a highly flexible and extensible toolkit. The content routing feature now accommodates a more complex workflow, with sequential or simultaneous steps, that can be saved for reuse within the same case or in other cases. The platform features for faceted navigation and content views offer broad configuration possibilities that facilitate the search, retrieval, and interaction with potentially complex casework.
“A framework is the optimal solution for building case management solutions,” said Nuxeo CEO Eric Barroca. “This type of solution is highly context-sensitive, and when extensive customizations of out-of-the-box applications are involved, often scale and upgrade become costly issues. Nuxeo CMF is a scalable, flexible platform providing about 80-90% of the solution, with an extension point system that makes customization clean and easy.”
Highlights of Nuxeo CMF 1.7 include:
- Content Routing: Enables user-designed flows of content and selection of stages (human or automated) among a shared library of sequential or simultaneous steps. Content routes can now be templated and reused.
- User Interface: Improvements based on user feedback include new tabs, more streamlined views of the content, and a mailbox-oriented look and feel, with a focus on ease of use.
- Mailing List Distribution: Cases can now be sent to predefined user lists, as a request for action or a simple information push.
- Email Capture: New parsers for Gmail and Thunderbird have been added to capture incoming communication and content, with recipient names.
- Nuxeo Marketplace: Nuxeo CMF now has direct access to this solution catalog of plug-ins, templates and applications.
- Nuxeo Admin Center: An administration dashboard, for tracking user and application data, with an update center for 1-click live integration of Marketplace packages, patches, and upgrades.
- Content Views: A service to manage, configure, and sort content listings, including documents, search results, and log entries. Content listings and search results now include filtering options and export options (RSS, ATOM, CSV, Excel, PDF).
- Faceted Navigation: An advanced navigation mechanism that enables repository browsing with dynamic filtering on multiple facets (metadata). Navigation facets are fully configurable, and can be defined independently for a given content type.
- Performance Optimizations: Nuxeo EP, the technology behind Nuxeo CMF, continues to be the fastest ECM platform in the industry on commodity hardware; stress tests indicate that it scales almost linearly when clustered.
- Installation Wizard and Java-based launcher with embedded shell.
Nuxeo CMF is available with no license charge by downloading it at /downloads//download-cmf-form. The Nuxeo CMF offering is fully assured and supported with the Nuxeo Online Services comprehensive subscription service to optimize development, deployment and ongoing operations.
Nuxeo provides an extensible and modular Open Source Content Management Platform enabling architects and developers to easily build and run business applications. Designed by developers for developers, the Nuxeo Platform offers modern technologies, a powerful plug-in model and extensive packaging capabilities. It comes with ready-to-use Document Management, Digital Asset Management and Case Management packages. 1000+ organizations rely on Nuxeo to run business-critical applications, including Electronic Arts, Netflix, Sharp, Pearson Education, FICO, the U.S. Navy, and Jeppesen, a Boeing Company. Nuxeo is dual-headquartered in New York and Paris. More information is available at www.nuxeo.com.
For Media Contacts