New York, NY / Paris, France - March 20, 2014 -- Nuxeo, the provider of a content management platform for business applications, finishes up a successful 2013 fiscal year and looks towards an exciting new year focused on helping customers build mission-critical content-centric business applications.
"There are two things Nuxeo understands very well about content management today," says Eric Barroca, CEO of Nuxeo. "The first is that web, mobile and big data have forever changed the way we create and manage content, and the second is that application development and delivery is a process, not an event. Nuxeo has built its business around these two ideas, and it is proving very successful."
Nuxeo company highlights for 2013 include:
- Global subscription revenue grew 40% in 2013 compared to 2012, building on the momentum from last year.
- Subscription sales in the US increased 77%, confirming the market demand for a platform-based solution for building content-centric applications.
- The annual renewal rate in 2013 was 101%, a key indicator of customer satisfaction.
- The top 3 customer segments in 2013 were Financial Services (17%), Higher Education (13%), Media and Entertainment (10%).
- Nuxeo hired extensively in 2013 to support its growing US operations, increasing staff by +35%, primarily in development and support.
Nuxeo World 2013 a success: The annual conference for the Nuxeo community of clients, partners, and users attracted 78% more participants in 2013 over the prior year.
2013 Nuxeo Platform highlights:
Nuxeo introduced a new release process in 2013, introducing a series of Fast Track releases in addition to the Long Term Support Release (read more about the new release process).
- The latest Long Term Support version - 5.8 - was released in November. Nuxeo Platform 5.8 introduced a new set of REST APIs, Nuxeo Drive, Nuxeo Mobile, enhanced workflow and more.
Several Fast Track versions have been released since 5.8 (see the most recent - FT 5.9.2 here).
Nuxeo is gearing up for a number of content management trends that will take center stage in 2014. These include:
The integration of Big Data into content platforms that provide human consumable content and workflow.
- A high demand for tools in the Cloud, for easy access and provisioning.
- The need for content services directly within business applications.
An increase in financial institutions needing to manage structured content.
Specific to Nuxeo:
Technology startups are leveraging the Nuxeo Platform to build out their vertical offerings.
- Technology enterprises are embedding the Nuxeo Platform into their own customer-facing applications to provide built-in content management, case management and workflow.
Nuxeo has a comprehensive and innovative roadmap for 2014, including an increased focus on cloud services, new features and functions in the Nuxeo Platform, as well as supporting tools (Nuxeo Studio, Nuxeo Drive, Nuxeo Mobile and the IDE).
Nuxeo provides an extensible and modular Open Source Content Management Platform enabling architects and developers to easily build and run business applications. Designed by developers for developers, the Nuxeo Platform offers modern technologies, a powerful plug-in model and extensive packaging capabilities. It comes with ready-to-use Document Management, Digital Asset Management and Case Management packages. 1000+ organizations rely on Nuxeo to run business-critical applications, including Electronic Arts, Netflix, Sharp, Pearson Education, FICO, the U.S. Navy, and Jeppesen, a Boeing Company. Nuxeo is dual-headquartered in New York and Paris. More information is available at www.nuxeo.com.
For Media Contacts