New York, Paris - April 3, 2013 – Nuxeo, the provider of a content services platform, announces the availability of Nuxeo Mobile, offering ready-to-use mobile apps for the Nuxeo Platform. The Nuxeo Platform offers a unified software stack for creating integrated applications for document management, case management, digital asset management and custom content management.
Continuing with Nuxeo’s strategy of offering not only a software platform, but an entire development ecosystem for building business applications, Nuxeo Mobile enables developers to build their own hybrid HTML5 / native applications. Based on Apache Cordova, Nuxeo Mobile adapts to the mobile tablet or smartphone device, making the user experience familiar and easy. It also offers access to device-specific APIs and Nuxeo Platform APIs, to enable developers to build custom apps while also allowing code reuse between desktop and mobile devices.
“Nuxeo Mobile enhances the attractiveness of the Nuxeo Platform for building business applications,” said Eric Barroca, Nuxeo CEO. “Our customers now have a ready-to-use framework to develop content applications to serve the needs of their mobile workers. With a secure content repository and mobile access, all the components are in place to develop applications for digital signatures on-the-fly, or instant upload of images, or case entries from the field for medical workers, insurance agents, designers or engineers.”
Key features of Nuxeo Mobile include:
- Browse the Nuxeo content repository from any device (tablet or smartphone)
- Preview content instantly within the Nuxeo app, without downloading
- Open documents in your favorite mobile app (such as Quickoffice or iWork), edit, and save back to the Nuxeo repository
- Upload new content, such as images, image libraries, and documents, from your mobile device
- Collaborate with team members by adding comments, liking, and sharing content
- Bookmark documents for quick retrieval either on the desktop or on the mobile device
- Leverage extensive REST APIs to build business-specific logic and UIs
Nuxeo provides an extensible and modular Content Services Platform enabling architects and developers to easily build and run business applications. Designed by developers for developers, the Nuxeo Platform offers modern technologies, a powerful plug-in model and extensive packaging capabilities. It comes with ready-to-use Document Management, Digital Asset Management and Case Management packages. 1000+ organizations rely on Nuxeo to run business-critical applications, including Electronic Arts, Netflix, Sharp, Pearson Education, FICO, the U.S. Navy, and Jeppesen, a Boeing Company. Nuxeo is dual-headquartered in New York and Paris. More information is available at www.nuxeo.com.
For Media Contacts