New York, NY / Paris, France - June 11, 2014 -- Nuxeo, the provider of a content management platform for business applications, announced the latest Fast Track release of the Nuxeo Platform - 5.9.4.
Fast Track versions of the Nuxeo Platform are released every 6 to 8 weeks, to provide innovations and enhancements early and often.
"Integration with Codenvy demonstrates our desire to help developers build their Nuxeo-based applications faster, using leading edge tools and services, " said Eric Barroca, Nuxeo CEO. "The updates to the Automation API and Nuxeo Drive include new features and functionality necessary to ensure their environments are up to date and easy to use."
What's new in Fast Track release 5.9.4
- Codenvy Integration: Codenvy cloud software is a fully functional SaaS developer environment based on an extensible cloud IDE platform. It enables applications to be developed faster and more reliably than desktop tools. The initial integration enables the development of a custom operation, with the code and configuration environment in a web browser, ready with a single click. Future integration will enable deployment from Codenvy into a Nuxeo Platform deployment, for a one-click testing environment. By providing a gateway to the Codenvy cloud IDE platform, Nuxeo makes application development with the Nuxeo Platform easier, faster, and more fun.
You can try the integration - http://doc.nuxeo.com/x/7QAz.
- Automation API Improvements: The Automation API enables developers to rapidly build complex business logic by assembling a set of atomic operations into complex chains without writing a line of Java code. Then they can plug these chains inside the Nuxeo Platform as UI actions, event handlers, REST bindings or workflow logic. Several improvements to this service help ease the design and development process.
- Automation chains can now be designed with parameters, allowing for greater reuse of the logic.
- Improvements to the design UI and a new text-based export mode enable smoother learning and sharing with team members.
- Automated Updates to Nuxeo Drive: The Nuxeo Drive client now features a configurable update mode to ensure the latest fixes and improvements are installed locally. The manual mode shows an icon with one-click updating, and the silent mode updates automatically, making enterprise-level maintenance seamless. User experience improvements include a new favorites feature for bookmarking content items for easy access.
The Fast Track release cycle provides leading-edge developers a SaaS-like release pace delivering improvement faster, while still supporting those customers and partners who don't need frequent upgrades.
Nuxeo Platform 5.9.4 is available for immediate download.
- Release Notes - http://nuxeo.github.io/releasenotes/5.9.4/
- Roadmap - http://roadmap.nuxeo.com/
- Blog post - http://blogs.nuxeo.com/development/2014/06/nuxeo-platform-594-integrates-codenvy/
Nuxeo provides an extensible and modular Open Source Content Management Platform enabling architects and developers to easily build and run business applications. Designed by developers for developers, the Nuxeo Platform offers modern technologies, a powerful plug-in model and extensive packaging capabilities. It comes with ready-to-use Document Management, Digital Asset Management and Case Management packages. 1000+ organizations rely on Nuxeo to run business-critical applications, including Electronic Arts, Netflix, Sharp, FICO, the U.S. Navy, and Boeing. Nuxeo is dual-headquartered in New York and Paris. More information is available at www.nuxeo.com.
For Media Contacts
Barb Mosher Zinck