Nuxeo Releases a Major Version of the Nuxeo Platform
New York, Paris -- November 5, 2013 -- Nuxeo, the provider of a content management platform for business applications, today announced the availability of Nuxeo Platform 5.8, a major Long Term Support version of the open source content management platform. With advances in workflow, content synchronization, and REST APIs, this version is a major step forward for developers and product managers who build content-centric applications to manage business information.
An accumulation of three previously released 5.7.x Fast Track versions, this new version contains a host of new features and enhancements for developers, administrators, and end users that have already been fully vetted by early adopters in the Nuxeo community. Nuxeo Platform 5.8 includes a new set of resource-oriented endpoints for the REST API, adaptive capabilities for the integrated workflow engine, improved processing and navigation of digital assets, and Nuxeo Drive, a desktop synchronization client for the Nuxeo content repository.
In addition, this version benefits from the initial groundwork for nuxeo.io, the upcoming PaaS offering, with expanded REST API endpoints and increased flexibility for quickly building web applications.
"We build an analytics platform (Infinit.e) for a wide range of activities from search and visualization through to data science," said Alex Piggott, Director of Product Engineering, IKANOW. "The Nuxeo Platform enabled us to build a case management application for our users to bridge the gap between abstract data analytics concepts and real life artifacts. The REST API gave us easy access to the content repository and services, resulting in quicker development and faster time to market for our solution."
"This new version of the Nuxeo Platform offers the increased flexibility and easy access that developers and product managers need for building business applications to manage structured content," said Eric Barroca, Nuxeo CEO. "We believe that providing a complete application building environment enables those closest to a particular business problem to provide the right solution, faster."
Highlights of Nuxeo Platform 5.8 include:
- Nuxeo Drive, for bi-directional device-to-repository content synchronization,
- Enhanced support for designing adaptive workflows, with rule-based escalation and a new task management service,**
- A new, highly configurable media asset navigation user interface for Digital Asset Management applications,
- Deep application monitoring and metrics collection using the Yammer Metrics library, with easy integration with most metrics storage systems,
- Full OSGi compliance for the Content Automation client, a fluid Java wrapper for the Nuxeo REST API which runs on the JVM or on Android,
- Optimizations in the Nuxeo content persistence engine such as support for Oracle on Amazon RDS and Microsoft SQL Server 2012, and faster updates of complex properties,
- Enhanced user experience with saved search sharing, a workflow tab to group tasks and run bulk operations, and a CSV importer, among many other new features.
Nuxeo Platform 5.8 is available for download immediately. The installation wizard gives access to a free 30-day trial of Nuxeo Online Services, a portal providing maintenance upgrades, easy installation of add-ons, and Nuxeo Studio, a design environment for easy configuration and customization of the platform.
Nuxeo provides an extensible and modular Open Source Content Management Platform enabling architects and developers to easily build and run business applications. Designed by developers for developers, the Nuxeo Platform offers modern technologies, a powerful plug-in model and extensive packaging capabilities. It comes with ready-to-use Document Management, Digital Asset Management and Case Management packages. 1000+ organizations rely on Nuxeo to run business-critical applications, including Electronic Arts, Netflix, Sharp, Pearson Education, FICO, the U.S. Navy, and Jeppesen, a Boeing Company. Nuxeo is dual-headquartered in New York and Paris. More information is available at www.nuxeo.com.
For Media Contacts