New York, Paris - June 25, 2013 -- Nuxeo, the provider of a content management platform for business applications, announces the availability of Nuxeo Platform 5.7.1, a new version of the open source content management platform on the Fast Track, Nuxeo's newly launched release cycle program. Fast Track releases have odd numbered versions and more frequent updates, while Long Term Support releases have even numbered versions and are updated annually.
This version features major advances in digital asset management, customizability, user experience, and improvements for Nuxeo Drive, content synchronization software that can be used to build sync-enabled rich clients or server applications. With the new Fast Track release cycle, Nuxeo is setting a precedent by offering innovative new features and enhancements early and often.
"In addition to its established and solidly architected Java platform, the firm has recently added bidirectional sync and much-improved mobile functionality. In providing a subscription-based service for the development of content-centric business applications, Nuxeo appears to have found its sweet spot," commented 451 Group analyst Alan Pelz-Sharpe.
"The new release cycle program offers the best of both worlds: a SaaS-like release pace delivering improvements faster, without requiring frequent upgrades for customers and partners who don't need them," said Eric Barroca, Nuxeo CEO. "This release early, release often rhythm is now possible thanks to the state-of-the-art software engineering practices and tooling we've developed over the years."
Key features of Nuxeo Platform 5.7.1 include:
- A completely refactored user interface for the Digital Asset Management module, so that the 3 panels (search, list / thumbnail, asset view with metadata) are configurable with Nuxeo Studio
- Major improvements for Nuxeo Drive, with full support for macros, support for more content types and for custom content types, which is critical for business applications
- Enhanced user experience, with saved search sharing, a workflow tab to group tasks and run bulk operations, and a CSV importer, among many other new features
- Platform monitoring and collection of metrics using Yammer Metrics, with data accessible from JMX, Graphite or any backend supported by Metrics, and support for application-specific metrics
- Full OSGi compliance for the Content Automation client, a fluid Java wrapper for the REST API which runs on the JVM or on Android
- Optimizations and enhancements in the Nuxeo Visible Content Store, the content repository technology, such as support for Oracle on Amazon RDS and Microsoft SQL Server 2012, and faster update of complex properties
- New authentication plugins for Kerberos, OAuth 2.0 and OpenID, in addition to a fully customizable authentication page
- New Nuxeo Marketplace packages, including a permissions audit plugin and an integration with Jenkins that delivers easily readable continuous integration reporting
Multiple contributions from partners and community members have been vetted and integrated into this new version of the Nuxeo Platform.
Nuxeo Platform 5.7.1 is available for download immediately. The installation wizard gives access to a free 30-day trial of Nuxeo Studio, for easy configuration and customization of the platform.
More information is available at /products/nuxeo-platform-5.7.1.
Nuxeo provides an extensible and modular Open Source Content Management Platform enabling architects and developers to easily build and run business applications. Designed by developers for developers, the Nuxeo Platform offers modern technologies, a powerful plug-in model and extensive packaging capabilities. It comes with ready-to-use Document Management, Digital Asset Management and Case Management packages. 1000+ organizations rely on Nuxeo to run business-critical applications, including Electronic Arts, Netflix, Sharp, Pearson Education, FICO, the U.S. Navy, and Jeppesen, a Boeing Company. Nuxeo is dual-headquartered in New York and Paris. More information is available at www.nuxeo.com.
For Media Contacts