Boston, Paris – June 1, 2011 – Nuxeo, the provider of a content services platform, released a new version of Nuxeo Document Management and Nuxeo Content Services Platform today. Nuxeo DM 5.4.2 offers a host of usability and social features to make the user experience even smoother and more streamlined. Key contributions highlight the value of community involvement in the strategy of continuous innovation for the Nuxeo platform.
The release of Nuxeo DM 5.4.2 and its underlying platform, Nuxeo EP, demonstrates execution on a vision of ongoing innovation, community engagement, and open standards support, delivered to content management application architects and developers. Driven by community feedback, many of the new features and enhancements improve usability of the application, using state-of-the-art technologies and standards, such as OpenSocial, OAuth, HTML5, WebDAV, and CMIS.
The new WSS connector was contributed by Nuxeo partner Gagnavarslan, an ECM solution provider in Iceland. The Nuxeo and Gagnavarslan teams collaborated to integrate this new component after passing the Nuxeo QA process. With this connector, the Nuxeo repository can be mapped as a drive under MS Windows or Mac OS X. “We are building a range of ECM services based on Nuxeo, and our clients need a smooth desktop integration into an existing Microsoft Windows infrastructure,” said Jónas Sigurðsson, Development Manager at Gagnavarslan in Iceland. “Our group of developers in Kiev reverse engineered the existing WSS protocol to support Windows 7, Windows XP and the latest MS Office versions directly in Nuxeo EP. We support the open source paradigm and are happy to contribute our work back to the Nuxeo community.”
Other contributions include ongoing enhancements for the OpenSocial integration from customer Leroy Merlin. It now supports the GWT OpenSocial container, making the dashboard faster, and providing more gadgets and layout options.
In addition, the Nuxeo platform is now completely integrated with OpenSocial and fully supports OAuth, allowing for external gadget integration in Nuxeo DM, and the use of Nuxeo DM gadgets in external containers, such as iGoogle. OAuth support ensures control of which services are used and the scope of data shared between applications.
Other highlights of Nuxeo EP and DM 5.4.2 include:
- HTML 5 Drag’n’Drop: Import single or multiple files via drag’n’drop, without installing a plugin. With a bulk edit feature, metadata can be defined for multiple files on upload.
- Local configuration: Configure the document types, themes, and content views that are available for a particular domain or workspace, rather than imposing a universal configuration on the entire repository.
- New system properties for the CMIS interface. In addition to the system properties defined in the CMIS specification under the cmis: prefix, Nuxeo EP adds properties under the nuxeo: prefix.
- Improved User Interface layout, for a more streamlined access to the user dashboard, document management center, and administration center.
- Content Views. Content listings and search results now include filtering options and export options (RSS, ATOM, CSV, Excel, PDF), and can be easily configured with Nuxeo Studio.
- Facets. These declarative markers can now be defined on a per-document instance basis instead of only per-document type, giving a more fine-tuned control of search and retrieval operations.
Nuxeo Document Management is available with no license charge by downloading it at Download Nuxeo Platform. Download options include an installable application for Windows, Linux or Mac environments, as well as a pre-configured virtual appliance for VMWare or VirtualBox-compatible environments. Nuxeo DM can also be previewed instantly with an online trial version.
Nuxeo provides an extensible and modular Content Services Platform enabling architects and developers to easily build and run business applications. Designed by developers for developers, the Nuxeo Platform offers modern technologies, a powerful plug-in model and extensive packaging capabilities. It comes with ready-to-use Document Management, Digital Asset Management and Case Management packages. 1000+ organizations rely on Nuxeo to run business-critical applications, including Electronic Arts, Netflix, Sharp, Pearson Education, FICO, the U.S. Navy, and Jeppesen, a Boeing Company. Nuxeo is dual-headquartered in New York and Paris. More information is available at www.nuxeo.com.
For Media Contacts