Boston, Paris -- January 26, 2011 -- Nuxeo, the provider of a content management platform for business applications, announced today the availability of Nuxeo Studio 2.0, a new major version of its customization and design environment delivered as a service.
Built to meet the needs of content management application developers, architects and business analysts, Nuxeo Studio 2.0 raises the bar for usability and rich customization capabilities. It exposes new design tools to help application developers build and deploy new features, content types, automations, and sophisticated views of managed information.
Created to enhance the extensible, plug-in friendly architecture of the Nuxeo platform for content management applications, Nuxeo Studio 2.0 is a major milestone in the Nuxeo strategy to deliver content management development tools as an integrated service, easing the life of application builders and system administrators. No upgrade, no installation is required for customers currently using Nuxeo Studio. Customizations made with Nuxeo Studio provide customers with full backwards-compatibility as product updates are released, reducing work and worry for administrators and app developers. As a hosted customization environment, no effort is required to take full advantage of the new Nuxeo Studio features, or benefit from on-going enhancements and improvements.
Nuxeo Studio has already allowed customers and partners to drastically cut their content application development and deployment times. According to Senior Project Manager Hervé Brasme with Ineat Conseil, a French systems integrator, "Nuxeo Studio is great. In a situation where our customer had tight scheduling constraints, Studio helped us optimize the project implementation time. There is tremendous value in Nuxeo Studio, because its graphical design interface lets our technical team deliver on customer requirements without coding. Our .NET developers are now delivering cutting edge Java-based content applications by using the power of Nuxeo Studio." Added Brasme, "We're really looking forward to this newest version of Studio. The ability to configure content views and widgets is exactly what we need to fulfill one of our customer's requirements. This will help us get a quick final project validation."
Nuxeo Studio 2.0 includes:
- Content View configuration. Content views are a representation of a repository query result set. The high level of configurability enables the easy development of business data views that are well adapted to the organizational context. This feature gives full control of the content view - from the definition of a dynamic query, to the column display, to the sort criteria. Content view definitions can be applied in many places in Nuxeo DM, such as search results, virtual navigation, and specific content types.
- Notifications. Email templates can be defined, with attachments and optional HTML, and included in content automation chains. This means that a specific type of email notification, with specified content, can be triggered for defined types of events.
- User Groups. It is now possible to define users and groups within Nuxeo Studio. This makes role configuration easier and enforces the accuracy of the customization deployment.
- Widget configuration. In Nuxeo Studio, a widget is a reusable component that defines the appearance and behavior of an input field in a form. Nuxeo Studio 2.0 provides many more configuration options for a widget, including the ability to dynamically control its display depending on contextual information (e.g. user, document type, etc.) so that it is read-only, hidden, or editable.
- Content transformation. New transformation capabilities enable Nuxeo Studio users to quickly and easily set up XML and HTML formats or any textual format transformation of business content for external publishing and exporting.
- Ergonomic improvements. This new version of Nuxeo Studio comes with improved documentation and improved ergonomic features as requested by Studio users. These include new copy/paste functions, more contextual links to online documentation, and a save verification before closing, making Nuxeo Studio easier to learn and use.
Content management applications built with the Nuxeo Enterprise Platform, or packaged products such as Nuxeo Open Source Document Management, can now be delivered even faster, ensuring backwards compatibility, ease of administration, and rapid-deployment into test or production environments. Fully integrated into the one-stop Nuxeo Online Services Portal, Nuxeo Studio 2.0 enhances the end-to-end development and administration experience along with the Nuxeo Marketplace and Admin Center, the online app store for ECM modules and add-ons.
Nuxeo provides an extensible and modular Open Source Content Management Platform enabling architects and developers to easily build and run business applications. Designed by developers for developers, the Nuxeo Platform offers modern technologies, a powerful plug-in model and extensive packaging capabilities. It comes with ready-to-use Document Management, Digital Asset Management and Case Management packages. 1000+ organizations rely on Nuxeo to run business-critical applications, including Electronic Arts, Netflix, Sharp, Pearson Education, FICO, the U.S. Navy, and Jeppesen, a Boeing Company. Nuxeo is dual-headquartered in New York and Paris. More information is available at www.nuxeo.com.
For Media Contacts