Open Source Content Management Vendor Nuxeo Continues Strong Growth Path
Boston, Paris - April 24, 2012 -- Nuxeo, the provider of a content management platform for business applications, today announced that it has seen significant growth in the ECM marketplace -- particularly in North America. In 2011, Nuxeo doubled its revenue and customer base in North America, maintaining its momentum in the global content management marketplace.
"In the past 12 months, in addition to a growing interest in our document management offering, we've signed on some big clients who are using Nuxeo as a platform to build some unique applications that don't exist in out-of-the-box form because of their specificities," said Eric Barroca, CEO of Nuxeo. "As expected, our Cloud-based development platform has generated a lot of interest as well. A modular, flexible content management platform with Nuxeo Studio for configuration and Nuxeo IDE for extensions is very appealing in a marketplace that values cost effectiveness and sustainability for their technology portfolio."
2011 highlights include:
- Growth of the customer base - Globally, the number of Nuxeo Online Services subscription customers increased by 40%, with an accompanying increase in average deal size, confirming the appeal of Nuxeo's positioning as a platform for a wide range of enterprise-grade business applications. New clients include Electronic Arts, Intercontinental Hotel Group, and the Office of the Prime Minister in France.
- Increased revenue - Nuxeo doubled its revenue in the U.S., and North America became the main growth driver for the company.
- Community growth - The number of daily downloads of the Nuxeo Platform tripled in 2011, and the number of Nuxeo Studio users increased by a factor of 4, representing a much higher than expected growth rate, demonstrating that the market is clearly ready for this unique offering.
- Highly successful user / partner conference - Nuxeo World 2011 had double the number of attendees compared with 2010, along with key sponsorships, indicating the importance of gathering the community.
- New offices - Nuxeo opened offices in New York and San Francisco, establishing a strong presence in the high tech centers of the United States. In addition, Brendan Coveney was hired as General Manager of the Americas and Asia Pacific, to drive growth globally.
- Partner network and integrations - Nuxeo announced 12 new SI partners and 9 new technology partners. The technology alliances resulted in new product integrations ranging from storage to business intelligence to capture and web content management tools, to extend the reach of the Nuxeo Platform by addressing market requirements for integrated systems.
In 2011, Nuxeo continued to show leadership in technology innovation, and focused on providing tools and environments that enable developers to build applications that address their unique requirements. As part of this strategy, Nuxeo:
- Shipped Nuxeo Platform 5.5, a new major version of its platform, improving its capabilities in many areas, from user experience to scalability, from document management to social and mobile, making it more than ever the best choice for enterprise projects with the most stringent requirements
- Contributed its content repository technology to the Eclipse foundation
- Built an Eclipse-based Integrated Development Environment
- Released Nuxeo Cloud, a content management platform that provides a seamless development, customization, testing and production environment in the cloud
- Developed a kit for building mobile content management applications
- Continued to play leading roles in the development of industry standards, such as CMIS (Content Management Interoperability Services)
In 2012, Nuxeo will continue with the same strategy, broadening adoption and distribution, and enhancing the offering in many directions, with a strong focus on user experience, the Cloud-based and PaaS content management offerings, and mobile technologies and services.
Nuxeo provides an extensible and modular Open Source Content Management Platform enabling architects and developers to easily build and run business applications. Designed by developers for developers, the Nuxeo Platform offers modern technologies, a powerful plug-in model and extensive packaging capabilities. It comes with ready-to-use Document Management, Digital Asset Management and Case Management packages. 1000+ organizations rely on Nuxeo to run business-critical applications, including Electronic Arts, Netflix, Sharp, Pearson Education, FICO, the U.S. Navy, and Jeppesen, a Boeing Company. Nuxeo is dual-headquartered in New York and Paris. More information is available at www.nuxeo.com.
For Media Contacts