Nuxeo Posts Strong Growth Numbers in 2012
New York, NY/Paris, France -- February 5, 2013 -- Nuxeo, the provider of a content management platform for business applications, continues to deliver on its global growth strategy, with revenue increases led by large enterprise customers in the U.S. and an exceptionally strong retention rate.
"We are particularly proud of our subscription renewal rate," said Eric Barroca, Nuxeo CEO. "This demonstrates that we are directly aligning our revenue stream with customer success. Customers renew their subscriptions when they are satisfied with our service and their projects are successful. The gap between our renewal rate and that of most of the competition signals a high level of customer confidence with our offering, and suggests a trend favoring an open and transparent business model."
2012 highlights include:
- Many new large enterprise and public sector clients are building business applications with the Nuxeo Platform, such as Netflix, FICO, U.S. Navy, and Michelin Travel Partner (publisher of The Red Guide).
- Monthly subscription renewal rate of 99.3% globally, a key indicator of customer satisfaction and much higher than average for the software industry.
- Revenue growth: Global revenue increased by 40% from 2011 to 2012, with a 115% revenue increase in the U.S. Nearly 70% of revenue was derived from subscriptions.
- Active community: A growing, engaged community offered contributions in terms of new developments, documentation, and participation in development sprints and bug days.
- Growth in the adoption of Nuxeo Studio, an application delivery toolset: Monthly usage tripled between 2011 and 2012, affirming the value of Nuxeo Studio and the platform approach to building applications.
- Release of Nuxeo Platform 5.6, with a fully customizable and integrated workflow engine, multi-tenancy, new design tools, a mobile toolkit, and many more features and improvements.
- Nuxeo World 2012: The annual conference for the Nuxeo community of clients, partners, and users attracted 65% more participants in 2012, and featured a workshop day that sold out.
- Technology leadership Nuxeo participated in projects such as Apache Stanbol, which provides a set of reusable components for semantic content management; EasySOA; CompatibleOne, an open cloud broker; the CMIS (Content Management Interoperability Services) standard; and Apache Chemistry, which provides open source implementations of CMIS.
In 2013, Nuxeo will continue to orient its offering towards developers and architects by expanding both the Nuxeo Platform and the software factory to help customers manage the full development to deployment cycle for their business applications.
Nuxeo provides an extensible and modular Open Source Content Management Platform enabling architects and developers to easily build and run business applications. Designed by developers for developers, the Nuxeo Platform offers modern technologies, a powerful plug-in model and extensive packaging capabilities. It comes with ready-to-use Document Management, Digital Asset Management and Case Management packages. 1000+ organizations rely on Nuxeo to run business-critical applications, including Electronic Arts, Netflix, Sharp, Pearson Education, FICO, the U.S. Navy, and Jeppesen, a Boeing Company. Nuxeo is dual-headquartered in New York and Paris. More information is available at www.nuxeo.com.
For Media Contacts