New, Proven Level of Performance and Scalability
The Nuxeo Platform supports the most demanding content-focused applications with outstanding enterprise scale and processing speed that outperforms existing systems by an order of magnitude:
Learn more about Nuxeo’s breakthrough content platform architecture >
- Massive scalability using either NoSQL (MongoDB) or relational database (PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- 1 billion documents benchmarked on a single cluster
- 6,000 queries per second benchmarked on a single cluster
- Up to 14,000 documents processed per second on a single MongoDB-backed cluster
If your organization needs to load and manage giant content volumes or throughput, Nuxeo has got you covered! The Nuxeo Platform natively supports MongoDB as an exceptionally fast, scalable content store:
Learn more about our integration with MongoDB >
- Handles huge bulk imports and persistence of content, to the tune of hundreds of millions of documents
- Supports heavy concurrent read/write operations, such as versioning and frequent content imports/updates
- Benchmarked at 5x faster bulk import of content and 15x faster document processing over the fastest-performing SQL database implementation
- Optionally store files into GridFS or an object store
Integrate Cloud Content & Collaboration Platforms (Google Drive & Dropbox)
- Cloud file sharing platforms, including Google Drive and Dropbox
- Content authoring applications now live in the cloud, also providing advanced, real time collaboration, including Google Docs, Lucidchart, Pixlr and many more
- Multichannel access to all aspects of cloud content: desktop, mobile and tablet
Today’s new cloud content environment marks a major transformation in how people create, work together and act upon content, resulting in massive improvements in productivity and efficiency. Nuxeo is the only content management platform that bridges the gap between today’s cloud-based content production environment and enterprise business processes and workflows.
Learn more about our integration with these cloud file sharing platforms >
Native Integration into Salesforce.com
Organizations around the world routinely rely on Salesforce.com (SFDC) applications. Nuxeo now assists Salesforce.com users in more effectively acquiring and serving customers by providing the power of the Nuxeo Platform within the Salesforce.com app.
Learn more about the Nuxeo Salesforce Connector >
Salesforce.com users can now easily link business content from the Nuxeo repository with any lead, opportunity, customer, campaign, product or any SFDC object. Users quickly search, upload/download and edit content on demand, all within the Salesforce application.
This enables deep integration between content-heavy business processes and applications with Salesforce.com and enable to leverage Nuxeo-powered content repository in the Salesforce.com cloud.
Improved Digital Asset Management
Adobe Creative Cloud Connector
InDesign users can now easily find and work with images stored in the Nuxeo repository, from within the InDesign application. Users benefit from full text and metadata search, permanent linking, notifications of image updates and more. This connector will also be available for Photoshop and Illustrator.
Learn more about our integration with Adobe CC >
Programmable Media Conversions
The Nuxeo Platform lets developers programmatically define the automatic creation of additional renditions of imported digital assets as desired.
Enhanced Core Content Repository
New Advanced Data Modeling
Already providing one of the most advanced, flexible content models available in the market today, the Nuxeo Content Repository now provides new property types for creating and managing more complex content objects and data models.
In-Place Content Support
The Nuxeo Platform can import documents into the Nuxeo core repository without requiring them to be physically moved into the blob store, allowing those documents to simply remain in place. This unique Nuxeo capability makes it possible to integrate cloud-based content, collaboration and authoring tools using Nuxeo Live Connect, as well as enabling support for hierarchical storage management (HSM) policies, which may specify storage of select content outside of the Nuxeo blob store, such as encrypted file storage, use of the GridFS plugin, etc.
Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM)
The Nuxeo Platform lets developers define hybrid storage policies, specifying what content should be stored via Amazon S3, locally, or other on-premises storage.
New Extended ACLs and Centralized Permissions Management
User and group permissioning is now faster and easier for admins and managers alike with a new user-friendly UI, and many new permissioning options, including:
- New temporary user access rights, valid only for a desired date range
- Optional email notification to user(s) when a new permission is set
- Easily purge all ACLs for a given user
- New Permissions tab in Admin Center enables search for past and current permissions – a critical resource for ensuring successful regulatory compliance and security audits
- New programmable security filters allow for precise controls over user or group actions beyond simple access permissioning. For example, a user may be allowed access to an image but can only download a low-res copy to ensure IP protection
New Elasticsearch API, Security Filtering, NXQL Integration
The Nuxeo Platform already included strong, tight integration with Elasticsearch, the de facto standard in enterprise search, delivering the most advanced search capabilities in the document and digital asset management market.
We have extended our integration with Elasticsearch even further:
- Elasticsearch Hints for NXQL: Developers can now invoke Elasticsearch functionality within NXQL, the native query language for the Nuxeo Platform. NXQL-based programming can now include Elasticsearch-powered fuzzy search, geospatial search and much more.
Watch this course to learn more >
Nuxeo Drive 2.0
Nuxeo Drive, which syncs a user’s local desktop with the Nuxeo content repository, has been completely rewritten for dramatically improved performance:
- Faster, more responsive synchronization
- New ability to connect to multiple repositories
- Filesystem notification for near real-time sync as well as reduced CPU usage
Nuxeo Drive now also includes a new HTML5 UI and embedded WebKit, enabling full customization of the interface, such as adding a progress bar, for a better, more productive user experience.
Learn more >
Content Analytics & Data Visualization
The Nuxeo Platform now includes a data visualization toolkit for web developers to build custom analytic dashboards. End users can visually monitor and track key metrics and trends to proactively identify issues before they become serious problems.
Based on HTML5 and Web Components, the new toolkit leverages Elasticsearch distributed computation capabilities to aggregate, compute and visualize any data stored in the Nuxeo Platform, including workflow performance, case management data, user search queries, content/metadata, and user activity.
New Document Viewer
Nuxeo has upgraded its document preview by integrating pdf.js for higher quality rendering of office files. This offers more client side features (zoom, rotate, multi-page) and the ability to stream the content preview for a large document. This new HTML5-viewer offer smooth, beautiful preview of any content that can be rendered into PDF and is fully integrated in the platform so developers can also use it in business applications.