NoSQL databases integration has been a strategic initiative for the past two years at Nuxeo. New enhancements on the MongoDB native integration have allowed the Nuxeo Platform to reach yet another level of performance. Using MongoDB as a data storage backend allows ultra performant application deployments for giant and complex data models, with many concurrent read/writes or geographically distributed systems with integrated failover.
The Marklogic persistence engine is now also available featuring transactions, clustering, high availability and replication.
Reduce Transfer Time with Nuxeo Edge Cache
Nuxeo Edge Cache removes the need to download the same file again and again at a given site when several users want to access the same content, making it a great addition to large cloud deployments or for customers with multiple remote sites. Organizations can reduce download time up to 95% and bandwidth consumption up to 90% while keeping digital assets safe at all times even when cached.
Nuxeo Platform now integrates with Elasticsearch 2.x, offering new indexation and aggregation possibilities for your stored content.
Mobile App (iOS / Android)
The Nuxeo Mobile App for iOS provides a seamless experience on the main features, such as search, browsing, and working on your favorite assets. It allows you to authenticate against a Nuxeo server, browse and search, identify as favorites, and preview assets in the Nuxeo repository.
Connectors to Systems In-Place
Allow employees to continue to use the products they already know:
- Adobe CC: Creative professionals can work in Adobe CC applications while accessing the most current and approved digital assets from the Nuxeo content repository, and automatically save all work back into the repository rather than on a local machine
- Salesforce.com: SFDC users can easily search, list, preview and access the right content at the right time, associated with the right SFDC object, without leaving the SFDC application
- Enterprise File Sync and Share (EFSS) systems: Take full advantage of the collaboration and file sharing capabilities of Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Microsoft OneDrive and Microsoft Office 365 and still get all the benefits of a Digital Asset Platform including security, metadata and business process capabilities
Improved bidirectional synchronization of content between the local desktop and the Nuxeo content repository, on-premise or in the cloud. Nuxeo Drive now scales on deeper hierarchies of content.
Provide temporary or permanent access to individuals outside of your organization to a given folder in the Nuxeo Platform with either Read or Edit permission, by email, streamlining information exchange in a secure manner.
Automatic image recognition with Nuxeo Vision
Nuxeo Platform powers game changing digital asset management applications with shape recognition, auto-classification, tagging, OCR and sentiment analysis.
Preview of 3D assets
Nuxeo Platform LTS 2016 features a series of 3D conversion capabilities as well as the ability to preview such content with orbital controls
Advanced transform operations on videos
Users can cut, annotate and transcode videos directly in the Nuxeo Platform application.
Automate the production of documents to validate and embed them directly into workflows, saving time and improving productivity.
Nuxeo Code Generator
Code Generator is a new tool that allows to easily bootstrap projects or Nuxeo Framework specific objects within an existing project. The generator-nuxeo provides Nuxeo components scaffolding. It lets you easily scaffold common Nuxeo components like empty projects, Nuxeo Packages, Automation Operations, Nuxeo Services... This saves you time writing boilerplate code to focus on your code instead of the structure.
Unified Client API
All SDK clients now have a new powerful and simple API that gives access to all capabilities of the Nuxeo Platform.
Leverage 60 fully functional UI widgets, Web Components-based Nuxeo Elements, to quickly build modern and custom web applications that integrate with the Nuxeo Platform: document previewer, permissions management, dashboard widgets, document forms...
Programing new Nuxeo-based applications is even easier using Online Codenvy.
State & Config Report Tool
This new tool provides meaningful information to our support team about the configuration and state of your Nuxeo Platform instance. This report will make troubleshooting much faster by creating a JSON format report with the requested information for our support team to start working on.
Nuxeo Studio Branch Management
With this release we are exposing a lot more capabilities of the underlying Git repository where your project is stored.
- Ability to create branches and merge them
- Ability to commit locally many times before sharing with others
- Conflict management
- The advanced mode allows you to save multiple updates for one commit, and do several commits before pushing them to the common branch. You can choose which mode you want to use
Headless Content Server
Organizations can optimize startup time and size by packaging and deploy Nuxeo Platform without any UI but still integrate with its APIs.
The Nuxeo Platform supports the most demanding content-focused applications with outstanding enterprise scale and processing speed that outperforms existing systems by an order of magnitude:
- Massive scalability using either NoSQL (MongoDB) or relational database (PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- 1 billion documents benchmarked on a single cluster
- 6,000 queries per second benchmarked on a single cluster
- Up to 14,000 documents processed per second on a single MongoDB-backed cluster
If your organization needs to load and manage giant content volumes or throughput, Nuxeo has got you covered! The Nuxeo Platform natively supports MongoDB as an exceptionally fast, scalable content store:
- Handles huge bulk imports and persistence of content, to the tune of hundreds of millions of documents
- Supports heavy concurrent read/write operations, such as versioning and frequent content imports/updates
- Benchmarked at 5x faster bulk import of content and 15x faster document processing over the fastest-performing SQL database implementation
- Optionally store files into GridFS or an object store
Integrate Cloud Content & Collaboration Platforms (Google Drive & Dropbox)
- Cloud file sharing platforms, including Google Drive and Dropbox
- Content authoring applications now live in the cloud, also providing advanced, real time collaboration, including Google Docs, Lucidchart, Pixlr and many more
- Multichannel access to all aspects of cloud content: desktop, mobile and tablet
Today’s new cloud content environment marks a major transformation in how people create, work together and act upon content, resulting in massive improvements in productivity and efficiency. Nuxeo is the only content management platform that bridges the gap between today’s cloud-based content production environment and enterprise business processes and workflows.
Native Integration into Salesforce.com
Organizations around the world routinely rely on Salesforce.com (SFDC) applications. Nuxeo now assists Salesforce.com users in more effectively acquiring and serving customers by providing the power of the Nuxeo Platform within the Salesforce.com app. Salesforce.com users can now easily link business content from the Nuxeo repository with any lead, opportunity, customer, campaign, product or any SFDC object. Users quickly search, upload/download and edit content on demand, all within the Salesforce application. This enables deep integration between content-heavy business processes and applications with Salesforce.com and enable to leverage Nuxeo-powered content repository in the Salesforce.com cloud.
Adobe Creative Cloud Connector
InDesign users can now easily find and work with images stored in the Nuxeo repository, from within the InDesign application. Users benefit from full text and metadata search, permanent linking, notifications of image updates and more. This connector will also be available for Photoshop and Illustrator.
Programmable Media Conversions
The Nuxeo Platform lets developers programmatically define the automatic creation of additional renditions of imported digital assets as desired.
New Advanced Data Modeling
Already providing one of the most advanced, flexible content models available in the market today, the Nuxeo Content Repository now provides new property types for creating and managing more complex content objects and data models.
In-Place Content Support
The Nuxeo Platform can import documents into the Nuxeo core repository without requiring them to be physically moved into the blob store, allowing those documents to simply remain in place. This unique Nuxeo capability makes it possible to integrate cloud-based content, collaboration and authoring tools using Nuxeo Live Connect, as well as enabling support for hierarchical storage management (HSM) policies, which may specify storage of select content outside of the Nuxeo blob store, such as encrypted file storage, use of the GridFS plugin, etc.
Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM)
The Nuxeo Platform lets developers define hybrid storage policies, specifying what content should be stored via Amazon S3, locally, or other on-premises storage.
New Extended ACLs and Centralized Permissions Management
User and group permissioning is now faster and easier for admins and managers alike with a new user-friendly UI, and many new permissioning options, including:
- New temporary user access rights, valid only for a desired date range
- Optional email notification to user(s) when a new permission is set
- Easily purge all ACLs for a given user
- New Permissions tab in Admin Center enables search for past and current permissions – a critical resource for ensuring successful regulatory compliance and security audits
- New programmable security filters allow for precise controls over user or group actions beyond simple access permissioning. For example, a user may be allowed access to an image but can only download a low-res copy to ensure IP protection
New Elasticsearch API, Security Filtering, NXQL Integration
The Nuxeo Platform already included strong, tight integration with Elasticsearch, the de facto standard in enterprise search, delivering the most advanced search capabilities in the document and digital asset management market. We have extended our integration with Elasticsearch even further:
- Elasticsearch Hints for NXQL: Developers can now invoke Elasticsearch functionality within NXQL, the native query language for the Nuxeo Platform. NXQL-based programming can now include Elasticsearch-powered fuzzy search, geospatial search and much more.